Keeping it simple and Slow. Book a beautiful canvas bell tent with just enough bushcamp cooking kit for a Slow Camping adventure.
Slow Camping – giving ourselves time to connect with ourselves, our families, other people, our local community, our food, the things that we really enjoy, and most importantly our surrounding natural environment.
The Slow Movement can be traced back to 1986. Carl Honoré’s 2004 book, In Praise of Slow describes it thus:
The Slow philosophy is not about doing everything at a snail’s pace. It’s about seeking to do everything at the right speed. Savouring the hours and minutes rather than just counting them. Doing everything as well as possible, instead of as fast as possible. It’s about quality over quantity…
Which just about sums up what people enjoy about our site, so we have come up with a Slow Camping inspired accommodation option for your stay.
A Slow Camping base camp includes…..
- Heavy duty bell tent, beautifully handmade to last a life time by Jennifer at Fait a Dessein.
- Pitched in its own area on the meadow
- Fitted out with a heavy weight ground sheet and a coir matting floor on top.
- Two to choose from, both named after meadow grasses. Select either Fescue or Brome when booking online.
- Large fire pit with hanging grill
- Picnic bench seating
- Canvas tarp awning to shelter your outdoor cooking
- Flint and steel
- Dutch oven campfire cooking pot
- Cast iron frying pan
- One pot kindling fired rocket stove
- Kelly kettle for boiling water
You will need to bring…..
- Beds and bedding
- Camping kit that you might normally use such as plates and cups and cutlery
How much is it?
Two night minimum booking at weekends and bank holidays. Check in is from 2pm and check out is at 11am.
Up to five people (maximum of four adults). When you book select either Fescue or Brome Slow Camp.
|2021||1 night||2 nights||3 nights||4 nights||5 nights||6 nights||7 nights||8 nights +|