Somewhere between a yurt and a geodesic dome you will find the StarDome. Curved wooden arches entwine to form a perfect hemisphere above your head and stars, triangles and pentagons are formed where the arches cross over each other.
Covered in canvas, with a wooden floor beneath your feet and a window above you to the sky, the StarDome is your magical home on the meadow. And on the colder nights you can warm yourself by the wood burning stove.
The StarDome sleeps up to six people, in a double, bunk beds and a single futon bed. It has its own area cut into the meadow with outdoor seating, a fire pit and campfire tripod and grill. If you prefer you also have access to the communal camp kitchen.
It is lit with a central, solar powered chandelier and bedside solar star lights.
We will provide
- 1 double bed and mattress (with duvet and 2 pillows)
- 1 set of single bunk beds (with duvets and 2 pillows)
- 2 single futon beds/chairs (with duvet and pillow on request)
- extra blankets
- homemade furnishings
- storage for your belongings
- wood fired stove
- solar chandelier, decorative star lights and a battery lantern
- selection of books
- fire pit with tripod, hanging hook and grill
- wooden fireside benches/table
- basket of logs (wood can also be bought on site)
- eco firelighters and matches
- cooking utensils/kettle/cast iron pots and pans
- chopping board and knives
- one pot wood fired rocket stove (and kindling to start you off)
- cutlery and dishes
- cool box with freezer blocks
- water carrier
- storage box for food
- USB charger
We provide linen and towels for seven night stays, but we aim to be as environmentally friendly as possible so we offer glampers the choice to bring their own linen from their beds at home for shorter stays. Please bring sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and towels. We appreciate, however, that you might be arriving late at night or just can’t fit everything into the car, so we also provide sets that you can hire for a small fee (£5 per person per stay). We can also provide an extra single mattress with duvet and pillow or travel cot on request. You might also find it useful to bring …..
- slippers for inside the dome
- a torch
- extra layers
- a camping stove and gas canister (please do not use these inside your dome)
How much is it?
11th May – 26th July and 3rd September – 30th September
Two night minimum booking (three over bank holiday weekend). No check-in on Saturdays or Sundays. Linen and towel sets are included for a 7 night stay. Sets can be hired for a fee of £5 per person per stay. Sleeps up to six people.
|2 nights||3 nights||4 nights||5 nights||6 nights||7 nights||8+ nights|
|Prices for 2018||£180||£225||£270||£315||£360||£400||add £55 per night|
|Prices for 2019||£200||£245||£290||£335||£380||£420||add £60 per night|
(Dates for 2019 – 10th May – 25th July and 2nd September – 5th October)
27th July – 2nd September
Three nights from Friday to Monday, four nights from Monday to Friday or seven nights from Friday to Friday. Linen and towel sets are included for a 7 night stay. Sets can be hired for a fee of £5 per person per stay. Sleeps up to six people.
|Friday to Monday||Monday to Friday||Friday to Friday|
|Prices for 2018||£270||£315||£495|
|Prices for 2019||£295||£345||£545|
(Dates for 2019 – 26th July – 1st September)