Our aim is to provide a relaxed and friendly camp site. To help us achieve our goal, and to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible, we would be grateful if you could read through the following terms and conditions before you book.
- Glamping and pre-pitched bell tent bookings are for a minimum of two nights outside of the summer holidays. Bank holiday bookings are for a minimum of three nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Seven night bookings are from Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday. During the summer holidays glamping options can be booked from Friday to Monday, Monday to Friday or Friday to Friday.
- Group sizes are limited ten people across three pitches/glamping options. We offer whole site bookings for larger groups. We cannot take whole site bookings on bank holidays.
- Bookings are paid by card via our booking page. If you would prefer to pay by bank transfer please get in touch for our details. We ask for a 50% deposit when you book. The remaining 50% is due 6 weeks before your stay. We can accept full payment if preferred. Your booking is not confirmed until a payment has been received. We will confirm receipt of payment and your booking details by email. Card payments can also be taken onsite during your stay. We are a VAT registered business, no GB285443439.
- We understand that plans can change and you may need to cancel your stay with us. Please let us know as soon as possible if this is the case. We will return 50% of the total fee if bookings are cancelled 2 weeks or more in advance (4 weeks for whole site bookings). If we are able to re-book we will refund the entire amount (minus a 5% booking fee that covers Stripe/Inn Style charges) no matter when you cancel. We will confirm all cancellations in writing.
- Your glamping accommodation is available from 4pm on the day of your booking (it might be possible to arrive earlier so please do check with us). Please vacate by 10am on the day that you leave. Pitches and pre-pitched bells are available from 2pm. Departure time is 11am on the day that you leave. There are trolleys available to help you move your belongings onto the meadow. Latest check-in is at 11pm.
- For safety reasons vehicles are not permitted on the meadow. Car parking is available immediately inside the main gate to the farm. We cannot take responsibility for damage or loss to vehicles or their contents. There is a secure bike shed on site that is available to our campers.
- From time to time we might need to carry out site maintenance during your stay.
- In extreme weather we reserve the right to close the site at short notice if we feel it is unsafe. The opportunity to book an alternative date will be offered.
- We do allow camp fires but only in the communal fire pit or in the smaller fire pits provided with each glamping option or to borrow on your pitch. Please use the fire pits responsibly and do not leave lit fires unattended. Please make sure fires are extinguished at the end of use. Wood, charcoal and kindling is available to purchase on site. We provide eco friendly fire lighters and matches. Please do not use lighter fluid to light fires. Due to the serious risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, please do not take BBQs/fire pits/stoves inside tents.
- Due to the risk of fire on the meadow, only the small fire pits provided can be taken to your pitch. Please do not bring fire pits or BBQs with you unless you are happy to use them in the communal area of the campsite. We provide one pot wood fired rocket stoves for cooking with the glamping options and in the camp kitchen. We also have campfire tripods and grills for use with the glamping options and over the communal campfire. If you would feel more comfortable using your trusty gas stove from home please do feel free to bring it with you.
- Please take care when using fire pits/stoves or the communal campfire cooking kit or pizza oven. We check these regularly and keep them in good order but cannot take responsibility for accidents caused by misuse. We will show you how to use your wood stoves when you arrive but please do ask if you need further help. Instructions are provided in the camp kitchen and glamping information packs. We will also show you how to use the pizza oven if you would like to use it.
- Please do not smoke in the glamping options or in the communal camp kitchen. Please use the sand buckets provided for cigarette ends.
- We have a farm pond and a watercourse at one edge of the meadow. The site is also uneven in places. Please take care when on the meadow and respect the fences that are there for your safety.
- As this is a working farm, there may occasionally be large, loud and/or dusty farm machinery at work in the surrounding fields and in the farm yard during your stay. You are welcome to visit the animals but we ask that guests do not open gates and enter the paddocks. We provide a foot dip and ask that guests use it to help us prevent the spread of disease. Please wash your hands at the sink provided after visiting the animals.
- We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to guest’s property or injuries that occur on the camp site unless they are found to caused by negligence on behalf of Ling’s Meadow. Please come and talk to us if you find something of concern on the site.
- We regularly maintain the bicycles that are available to borrow from Ling’s Meadow. However guests use these bicycles at their own risk and we recommend that you check them over yourself and make sure that you are happy with them before borrowing.
- We will take appropriate measures to ensure that all facilities and equipment are in good working order before the start of your stay.
- Please use the site facilities responsibly and leave them as you would like to find them. The facilities are checked regularly but please let us know if there is any damage, loss or breakage immediately. If your glamping accommodation is left in an untidy or damaged condition cleaning and repairs are chargeable.
- Ling’s Meadow is a quiet, relaxed, natural campsite. We would ask all of our guests to respect this and in particular, keep noise to a minimum after 10pm – thank you. We ask that you do not bring/use any amplified music anywhere on site, but acoustic instruments are always welcome around the campfire. Persistently noisy guests may be asked to leave without refund.
- We are sorry but we cannot accommodate pets.
- Please do let us know if you have any complaints (or compliments!). We will try to resolve them to the best of our ability.
- Data Protection: We are registered in the UK with the ICO (reg no: ZA169543) We also aim to comply fully with the letter and spirit of both the outgoing DPA and the new GDPR. To that end, Ling’s Meadow will only use your personal contact details in order to complete the booking process and will only inform you of updates and offers relating to the campsite if you have asked us to. Your personal details will not be used for any other purpose and will never be passed or sold on to any other third party by us for any other purpose. If you would like to be contacted with our updates and offers then please sign up via the home page of our website.
We make use of several external services to help us manage and process our bookings. They have all undertaken not to make use of any individuals data they hold which has been supplied by us. They may use data they hold in aggregate to help improve their services to us and to you. You will need to contact them directly if you would like to change this. Depending how you booked your stay, your data may have been processed by Airbnb, Innstyle, or Coolcamping. Other services may allow you to send us an email in order to enquire about booking. There are too many services like this to list here – you will need to contact the website you used directly to find out more about their data policies.
If you have any questions about the data we hold on you, please get in touch with us, and we will be happy to help.